Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 v.9.1
Price in reward points: 400
Product Code: KAV291
Reward Points: 100
Availability: In Stock
Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 v.9.1
Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 is a solution for small organizations with their own local network of no more than ten computers. Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 protects the computer network from viruses and other threats.
Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 consists of two parts:
- Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer is installed on personal computers under the Microsoft Windows operating system. The application provides maximum protection for data on the computer, safe browsing on the Internet, flexible configuration of policies for different users on the computer and the Internet, and tools for the remote management of office network computers.
- Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for File Server is installed on file servers under the Microsoft Windows operating system. The application provides protection for data on the computer and tools for the remote management of office network computers.
Main features of Kaspersky Small Office Security 2:
- State-of-the-art anti-virus technologies implemented in Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 protect against such cutting-edge data threats as viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits, bootkits, botnets, and other illegal ways used for remote management of users’ computers, theft of logins, passwords, and other personal data stored on your computer, spam and phishing, hacker attacks and unsolicited web content.
- Proactive Defense technologies implemented in Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 protect against emerging threats by means of a behavior analyzer, which monitors the behavior of applications on your computer and interferes in actions performed by applications whose behavior has been classified as suspicious or dangerous.
- The Application Control system monitors the actions of applications that are run on your computer, and restricts access to crucial segments of the operating system and the user’s personal data. Applications are divided into groups (trusted, low restricted, high restricted, and untrusted) according to data received from Kaspersky Lab’s reputational services. Restrictions imposed on the application depend on which group that application belongs to.
- A unique technology called Sandbox uses virtualization principles to create a safe environment for running applications. This safe environment allows the users to test new software in an isolated area that protects the operating system against all changes. The number of web browsers and other applications run in the safe environment simultaneously, is unlimited.
- A set of tools used for protection of the user’s personal data, automatically closes access of an incautious user to known phishing websites and blocks keyloggers aimed at stealing passwords and access codes.
- The Anti-Spam technology, which allows reducing the number of unwanted messages significantly, has been implemented based on two groups of methods, exact and expert methods. Exact methods allow applying strict filtering criteria to a message, which help determine whether this message is spam or not. Expert methods allow examining email messages that have already passed the filtering.
- The Backup and Restore module ensures storage and protection of important user's data (documents, photos, or music) against loss and corruption caused by malware, unintended deletion, or failure of the hard drive. Backup copies of data are created in dedicated storage areas on a medium selected by the user, and allow quick data recovery in case of data loss.
- Web Policy Management allows imposing flexible restrictions on access to Internet resources and applications for company employees, and viewing statistical reports on the users’ activities. The rational use of Web Policy Management functions can significantly increase the productivity of employees' work.
- Up-to-date transparent encryption technologies provide comprehensive protection of the user’s data against unauthorized access or theft by creating dedicated data storages, or container files. After a container file is connected, you can handle it as a protected virtual disk drive. In case of a virus attack, when working in unprotected wireless networks, if a USB drive or a notebook is lost or stolen, Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 ensures confidentiality of encrypted data.
- Password Manager securely stores passwords and other account data of the user, while ensuring privacy when filling in various authentication fields. Password Manager sticks passwords and accounts to Microsoft Windows applications and web pages for which they are used. After a web page is opened or an application is started, the user name and the password are entered automatically.
- Management Console allows starting virus scan tasks and update tasks for the whole network or for selected computers, manage the backup copying of data, and configure Web Policy Management settings on all computers within the network immediately from your workspace. Thus, the remote security management is provided for all computers on the office network.
What's new in Kaspersky Small Office Security 2?
New in protection:
- Updated anti-virus kernel for more effective detection of viruses.
- Data Encryption component added. The component is designed to encypt data to store and protect data from unauthorized access.
- Password Manager component added (only in Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer) allows saving presonal data (for example, web accounts, passwords, addresses, phone numbers, credit cards info and etc.) in an encrypted database.
- Backup component added. The component is designed to make data backup storages. You can save it on the specified media. Data can be restored to its initial place whenever you wish.
- Management Console component added. the component is designed to manage computer protection on all networked computers.
- Virtual Keyboard added. Using the component you can protect your personal data (for example, passwords) from being intercepted or logged during entering it.
- Web Policy Management component added (only in Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer).
- Added Vulnerability Scan component and other tools for improving the computer performance and providing its security.
- Users can now participate in the Kaspersky Security Network and gain access to Kaspersky Lab's online knowledge database, which contains information about the security of files, online resources, and software.